During a divorce, you may face multiple complexities when it comes to dividing your marital debt. And if you are like most individuals, you probably have numerous questions about your legal rights and options in debt division.
At the Illinois Law Office of Ronald L. Hendrix, P.C., we have significant experience helping clients navigate debt division during the dissolution of their marriage. Our legal team will clearly explain how each type of debt may affect you now and into the future. We offer practical advice on identifying debt division goals and will create a realistic negotiation strategy to achieve your objectives.
Addressing Every Aspect Of Your Marital Debt
Among the debt you and your spouse may need to divide:
- Credit card debt: In the final divorce order, a judge may order your spouse to pay off a joint credit card — however, your creditor may still hold you legally responsible if your spouse fails to make payments. This can have a devastating impact on your personal credit score post-divorce. Our firm is ready to advise you on best options for negotiating the division of credit card debt and protecting yourself in the future.
- Student loans: Our Naperville law firm can help you understand your rights and responsibilities to student loan debt incurred by you, your spouse or your children (including both current and future debt for your child’s education).
- Car payments: As part of a comprehensive debt division plan, we help clients address all issues associated with family cars, including title issues.
- Medical bills: Whether you have debt due to medical expenses for you, your spouse or your children, we can advise on best options for including medical bills in your debt division agreement.
- Mortgages: Whether you seek to remain in your home, have your spouse buy you out of the mortgage, or jointly sell the house and split the profit or negative equity, we can help.
Debt Division Lawyer In Naperville
During a divorce, the Law Office of Ronald L. Hendrix, P.C., provides the experienced representation you need and the personal attention you deserve. Contact us at 630-416-7004 or 815-722-7050 to speak with a dedicated Naperville attorney about the division of marital debt.